Monday 6 June 2011

Flexibility

So, when I was younger, I did gymnastics. More of, I lived gymnastics. Everything I did had to do with it. About 20 hours a week were given to the sport between the ages of 6 and 14 of my life. For that, I was required to be quite flexible, which took a lot of discipline, but not only that- pain as well.
Well, it seems nothing changes. Flexibility is still something I learn on a daily basis, but just not so much while wearing leotards and prancing around a gym. Flexibility is such an important part of the life of someone in missions, whether it be a week or a lifetime. Things change. The more we try to plan, the more God shows us that His plan, and His plan only is good.
All of this to say that today, I found out due to a lot of things happening, I am no longer teaching a class of 7 to 10 year olds, but instead, I'm teaching the 4-6 spanish Bible study. There's just a teensy bit of change there. You know. Language. So, while it took me a minute (or two) to adjust to the challenge of that, I know that God has a plan for this. I know I need practice in the language. I know that I need to spread out my experience with different ages of children. And not only that, but I'm not alone. I have a supervisor that will do anything to help me, and wonderful friends who are fluent in spanish and would love nothing more than to help me translate, so there it is again-God showing that He is in control and He will provide anything I need for me.
The other thing is, well, I feel God convicting me to drop French as a major. While I love languages with all my heart, I've been struggling with French. It's not that it's terribly, terribly hard, I just don't have a passion for the culture as much as I do for the hispanic culture, and that poses a problem. So, that will be hard. So just pray that I'm listening to what God is saying and willing to follow him no matter what and no matter where he leads me.
But anyway, ministries start tomorrow! Pray for us! I am so, so excited :)
Isaiah 42:1-4
Behold my servant, whom I uphold,
my chosen, in whom my soul delights;
he will bring forth justice to the nations.
He will not cry aloud or lift up his voice,
or make it heard in the street;
a bruised reed he will not break,
and a faintly burning wick he will not quench;
he will faithfully bring forth justice.
He will not grow faint or be discouraged
till he has established justice in the earth;
and the coastlands wait for his law..."
You should really read the rest of that. That's the kind of servant I am striving to be. One that does not shout aloud or lift up his voice, gently leading God's people to their Father...
grace and peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment