Sunday 12 June 2011

¡fiel es el Señor!

Woah. Ever had that time where you prayed, and you really believed that God would answer your prayers in His time and in His way because He loves us that much?
Well, that's one of our theme ish question things this summer- What if we believed God? What if we believed that prayer is powerful and that God truly does work through it? Well, you know, earlier this week, when I was wearing the shirt that said that, I thought to myself and was like, huh. You know, there are a lot of times where I really don't believe that-times that I pray easy prayers, ones that surely God will answer, or half-believingly pray something pretty big, thinking in the back of my mind that God will never, ever do such an awesome thing in my simple little life.
Psht. Who am I kidding? Am I really thinking of the same God whose son was resurrected from the grave, who parted the seas, brought the dead to life, and will bring justice to this world? I couldn't be.
Seriously.
God has a plan for this city, and He has a plan for me. He doesn't want my halfway prayers; He doesn't want me to kind of believe His promises.
He wants me to have faith that hearts can change, that souls can be saved, that He is enough for us all.
So here it is. Here I am, believing that God can and will change the hearts here, that lives will be changed, and that God will continue to give me faith that His will is perfect for me and that I need Him more than anything in this world.
Pray that I would continue to have faith. Pray for the community, that their hearts would cry out for God to fill the hole that sin has left within them. Pray that our team would be strengthened and unified in the goal of glorifying God in everything that we do. Pray that love would overcome the sin abounding here.
And finally, this song has been weighing on my heart for most of this week, so I figured I would share it.
Lord I Need You by Chris Tomlin

Lord I come, I confess
Bowing here I find my rest
Without You I fall apart
You're the one that guides my heart

Lord, I need You, oh I need You
Every hour I need You
My one defense, my righteousness
Oh God, how I need You

Where sin runs deep, Your grace is more
Where grace is found is where You are
And where You are Lord I am free
Holiness is Christ in me
Yes where You are Lord I am free
Holiness is Christ in me

So teach my song to rise to You
When temptation comes my way
And when I cannot stand I'll fall on You
Jesus You're my hope and stay
And when I cannot stand I'll fall on You
Jesus You're my hope and stay

The only way we can go on living is through trust and faith that God will pick us up when we fall and that He has everything that we need to go on. I pray that you will walk in faithfulness to our God.

Matt. 6:25-34

No comments:

Post a Comment