Wednesday 9 June 2010

Wait, do you have the ESV in Spanish?

Mm.
Ok, so I know I should be joyful, but at the moment, I'm struggling.
My sweet ten year old boys (and two girls) have been rather tough. I guess I need to be more assertive to gain respect, but there are just a few who won't pay attention and disrupt the class constantly. I shouldn't be discouraged, but I am. I feel kinda inept.
That, and a few other things are tearing away at my heart right now, but I don't know. Old insecurities have come back, and I guess that's what happens when you're at your high. Satan attacks.
So. I guess my request for you today is that you pray for... well, my heart.
Proverbs 4:23 is one of my favorite verses, and it says, "Keep vigilant watch over your heart, that's where life starts." I have a tendency to give my heart away fully when I do, and I guess it's gotten broken a few too many times... I guess I really just need to focus on giving it to the only thing that can hold it and not break it- God. I lose focus so easily.
But, on the bright side, I do love what God has me doing here. The children are just the sweetest thing in the world, and I just can't get enough of them.
Especially Cristian and Jonathan. Most precious things in the entire world. Just figured I'd throw that out there. Cristian is just my new 9 year old buddy, and Jonathan... oh, he is just too cute for words.
And it's been awesome talking to some of the women, too. Ha, one of them actually thought I was Puerto Rican when I was speaking Spanish to the kids. I was proud :P
But their stories are crazy. One of the ladies was telling me that she was 13 when she had her little girl. Thirteen. I wasn't even beginning to think about raising a family at that age. And now she's coming to our food pantry and clothing closet... and my heart just breaks for her.
I guess other than that...
Our family is complete! All of our missionaries are here, and they are just the most encouraging and sweet and strong group of girls I have ever met, and I am so excited for the friendships God is building :) These girls are awesome.
In any case, sorry for the silly worrying.
OH.
On an even better note, we all shared testimonies tonight (it took like 3 hours), which was just awesome hearing how God has worked in all of us, and how we've grown, and it was just the most heartwrenching, joyful, sweet bonding experience ever.
So yeah.
grace and peace. I'm due for some lesson preppin.

3 comments:

  1. I'll be praying for you! Sorry things are gettin tough. You'll pull through. God's already won the battle so Satan can just back off haha. And as for the Puerto Rican comment, I'm impressed! I guess I should be practicing my Spanish! :) Love you dearest! Buena suerte.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello lovey :) I hope things are looking sunnier. God is working in some mighty ways and I know you'll see them soon. Your work is good, and you know your almighty Prince loves your more than you could know. Which is ten times better than any earthly love :) I know you know all of this, reminders are comforting though :) ps. how did you put this in spanish? also! since my phone is in spanish, turns out it t9s in spanish. Go figure. just figured that one out..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eh, it's cool. Rough patches are part of life, and they help you grow. Just no fun at the time being.¡Sí, necesitas que practicar! Entonces podríamos hablar juntos en agosto :)
    Things are lookin a bit better. God is faithful. In His own ways, haha, remembering our last conversation :P
    Oh, goodness..
    As for Spanish, I went under settings somewhere. I was tryin to figure out how to let kev post random things lol.. so I don't quite remember.
    And I'm proud :)

    ReplyDelete