Thursday 3 June 2010

Jesus is a friend of mine! (I've got a friend in Jesus)

Ok, so. I'm not really going to update this on a daily basis-I'd rather be being awesome at Rock Band or playing some catchphrase with my awesome BIBLE BUDDIES*-but here's some stuff to give you more of an idea of what I'll be doing.
Welllllllllllll.....
Today I found out that I will be working alongside of five awesome missionaries at Joy Fellowship Center, which is pretty dope since I get to wear a snazzy green lanyard. If I had been put on the Fletcher Missions Center Team, I would say it was Fletchalicious, but, alas....
Anywho.
I'll be teaching some adorable and crazy and lovely (all at the same time) children Mondays through Thursdays. We also have a food pantry (which is pretty empty if you guys are jonesing to send some food to Houston via mail..) and a clothing closet, so I'll be helping with that. Monday nights we lead teen clubs, Friday afternoon we lead preteen clubs, and throughout the summer, youth groups will be coming for week long trips to help us.
Overall, I'm psyched.
I'll tell you some goofy stories later, but I love you guys!
Here's some phrases that describe you guys:

People who are awesome
Letter sending people
Eloquently gifted with words
Amazing at keeping up with me
Senders of letters
Enthusiastic about communicating
Sharing in friendship
Engaging (not like with rings. yet. haha)
Needing to send me letters
Dedicated to our friendships
Loving people who make my day with letters!
Envelope buying people
Terribly missed by me
Terrific friends (who send letters)
Excited about sending letters to Houston!!
Radically awesome letter senders
Stamp buying friends

Get the point!
Praying for ya'll!
grace and peace

1 comment: