Saturday 5 June 2010

for serious, now..

Sorry about that last post... I was a little hyper. So was my bunk bed neighbor friend Lauren. She helped haha.
Anyway.
Prayer walking through the community this morning, I really got a glimpse of how much this community really does need love. In the thirty minutes we walked, we saw crack houses, brothels, houses with over ten people living in them... and the list goes on. This part of Houston is actually considered to be the worst, but at the same time, the people we ran into that knew about our centers and attended them were just the sweetest and most joyful people I've encountered. This community is crying out for love.
So, please be in prayer for us.
Pray that we can be bold and love those who are usually looked over.
Pray that the community would be aware of us-our center, Joy Center is the farthest away from Gano center, where we stay, so we get very little donations for the most part. Also, we'd love to bring in more and more people. Not for numbers' sake, but these people are in such need for them to be loved and accepted.
Pray for our preparation. The curriculum we're using for the kids is rather broad, so just pray that we can stay focused, not get discouraged, and present God's Word with speech and actions so that these kids will desire to know more about Him.
Also, just pray for our focus in general. I do love everyone here, but I don't want my focus to get off of serving God. I don't want to sacrifice my time preparing my heart and falling more in love with God for hanging out with my goofball teammates, as cool as they are.
Sorry for the not-so-seriousness last night. We have done a fair bit of goofing off together. I love this team :) All of them are absolutely wonderful.
Thanks for the prayers, guys.
grace and peace

No comments:

Post a Comment