Monday 4 July 2011

eternidad

You know, it's so easy to focus ourselves on day to day lives. Even if we're stuck on the past or on 27 days from now (boo), a year from now, or 10 years from now, what we're missing is that each and every part of our lives, every second, every minute affects eternity.
My supervisor spoke this morning at church about how God has entrusted us with everything we have-money, clothing, etc, but how often do you think about the hearts and souls of the people we come in contact with? Can we honestly say that we have been faithful with everything that God has entrusted us in ministry-not just on mission trips, but throughout our daily lives?
Yeesh.
I don't know. That just super convicted me today. It's so easy to become focused on efficiency and forget that the goal is not the speed of what we do, but who we do it for and our goal in mind for each and every person we come in contact with- that they may know the freedom we have found in the grace and love of our Lord.
So there you go.
Anyway.
This week, one of my favorite groups from Arkansas (Ar-kansas) is coming, so I am so so so excited! They are hardworking and wonderful, so be in prayer. And with that, be in prayer for our center. We have started a semi renovation project on our building (which was built in approx. 1960), so the falling down wooden panels on our walls have begun to be taken down and will be sanded and painted over with a more joyful color yellow-all thanks to some sweet sponsors donating $500 to each center to work on projects with! We do need about $500 more to finish our project, so be in prayer for that as well that the Lord will provide (I know He will) :)!
If I had cherished iniquity in my heart, the Lord would not have listened. But truly God has listened; he has attended to the voice of my prayer. Blessed be God, because he has not rejected my prayer or removed his steadfast love from me! -Psalm 66:18-20
Remember that if we come before the Lord clean from iniquity asking for His help, He will be faithful to listen! How awesome is our God?

No comments:

Post a Comment