Monday 16 May 2011

Houston-Round Two

In two weeks and one day (not to be counting down of, course-how juvenile!), I will be home. Home, home, home. Not that Peachtree City isn't great, or that I don't love Macon or anything, because I do, so much, but as they say, home is where the heart is-and that's the thing-God's stuck my heart right beside those people. You know, the ones there in ghetto of Houston-the rich and the poor, especially the poor, the widowed, the broken. It's not that I don't see that here, because Macon is certainly hurting, but there is no feeling like knowing that God has called you to a particular place or people. If you know me at all, you should know that while I love my amazing friends and family here, there is nothing I love more than latino culture. I love talking to them, serving them, being friends with them, and I would certainly would love to live alongside of them one day.
All of that leading up to the fact that I'm restarting my blog for the summer. I've been posting on and off as of late, but I guess, that's mainly been for my own good. This will be, too... but I guess now it's public-er. So, here we go. My lovely revamped blog (did you notice? I like it.) is back.
A few things that I'd love for you guys to do (whoever you are...) as I prepare to get back to the wonderful west:
Pray for me. God has been so good lately in bringing me closer to Him and showing me areas that I can improve, but you're prayer would mean so much, and God listens.
Pray for MCH. Pray that the hearts of the people there would be opened to His word and His love. Pray that God will provide-oh, how He does!-but pray that people would be obedient in listening to Him about donating to keep this wonderful organization going.
Pray for my team. It's going to be quite a bit smaller this year, but I'm excited to gain some more brothers and sisters as I did last year. Pray that we will be unified in prayer and in our love for the Lord, just as we were last year. Pray that we will be strengthened, not only physically, but in spirit as well. We'll need it.
And one selfish plea: Send me letters? :) There is no better thing than coming home from a delightfully trying day to snail mail. Trust me. It's wonderful.

Catherine Lee
c/o Gano Mission Center
1815 Gano Street
Houston, TX 77009

So there you go. I am so, so, so excited to be back. I know it will be different, but wherever God wants me, I am so ready. Thanks for your prayer and encouragement! I love you all! And just because I really liked this...

"The Bible is hundreds upon hundreds of voices all calling at once... And somewhere in the midst of them all one particular voice speaks out that is unlike any other voice because it speaks so directly to the deepest privacy and longing and weariness of each of us that there are times when the centuries are blown away like mist, and it is as if we stand with no shelter of time at all between ourselves and the One who speaks our secret name. 'Come,' the voice says. 'Unto me. All ye.' Every last one."-Frederick Buechner

So my encouragement to you today is to go past the voices around you in this world and look into God's word and hear His voice, a voice sweeter than anything found in worldly happiness, love, or peace. His is stronger and greater than all of those, filled with a love beyond any human understanding.
gracia y paz.

1 comment:

  1. Catherine... I really enjoyed reading this! I could tell on Sunday that the Lord has a hold on your heart--but now I can see/feel it even more!! My heart is captured by your passion--can't wait to read more posts!
    I sense the Lord is going to do amazing things in you and thru you during this mission trip! I'll be praying for you... "that according to the riches of His glory He may grant you to be strengthened with power through His Spirit in your inner being... and to Him who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think, according to the power at work within us, to Him be glory...." AMEN! (Eph. 3:16,20 ESV)
    Blessings, Chris Sanders

    ReplyDelete